Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Art of Guild Wars 2

I may not know anything about video games but I know I always look forward to seeing ArenaNet's concept art for Guild Wars in each year in Spectrum. Now, it seems, there is an Art of Guild Wars 2 book due out tantalizingly-vague "soon." Seriously, some of my favorite fantasy work has come from these guys over the past few years. Must. Get. This. Book. But there is no order info. Maddening.

In the meantime, check out this ConceptArt.org thread about the book. All of it is great, but seeing so much Daniel Dociu imagery is enough to make your heart stop. And Richard Anderson's use of negative shapes is so wonderfuly atypical of the genre, you have to love it.

Seen here:
Jaime Jones, Daniel Dociu
Kekai Kotaki, Daniel Dociu (twice)
Cover
Richard Anderson

8 comments:

Parka said...

Great. Most definitely getting it. Hopefully they will reprint their first book as well.

Mihai A. said...

Those are looking amazing. And the artists' works are top quality :)

Kelley said...

This is on my to-buy queue already. Ugh I would skip meals to have this book. (not that I need to)

tinfoil said...

Hi Irene,

We just got the first shipment of books here at Arenanet. We'll be giving out for free a thousand or so during PAX (games convention in Seattle) beginning tomorrow, (Friday). The rest will be sold online for 30 bucks. I'll try to get you a free copy and bring it over to the Spectrum show opening in NY next week. Everybody else, please wait patiently and order online beginning next week from: www.Guildwars2.com
I promise the book is worth every penny!

Daniel Dociu

SiDEBAR said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for introducing me to Rich Anderson. Before today I'd never heard of the guy. Yikes, he's good!

Anonymous said...

web design outsourcing | banner design outsourcing | bag design outsourcing

Anonymous said...

greeting cards design outsourcing | trade show exhibit outsourcing

Anonymous said...

greeting cards design outsourcing | trade show exhibit outsourcing