Friday, August 14, 2009

Vance Kovacs and Michael Moorcock's Hawkmoon

Vance Kovacs is doing the covers plus interiors drawings for Tor's upcoming editions of Michael Moorcock's Hawkmoon series. Here are the covers for the first two plus an interior. Although the printed book will be in black and white, eBook editions will eventually (soon) b ein color so, we opted for limited color on these.

Vance has been a great guy to work with -- very excited about the project. I can't wait to see what he does with the second half of the series.

5 comments:

Kekai said...

Good grief, Vance Kovacs is doing art for a Michael Moorcock novel? I think my head just exploded.

Shane White said...

Cool stuff. I always liked Vance's work.

Is it me or does that "J" in Jewel look a little atrophic?

=s=

Mike Stanislavsky said...

man these are gonna be sick

raphael said...

holy... killer artwork.
ive been a fan of vances work for a long time. its a shame he makes himself so rare - interviews, artbooks, podcasts, stuff.

these definitely are on my to-buy-list. O.O

Joe Monti said...

Wow! What a great pairing of styles, from Moorcock's to Kovacs.