Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Sam Weber and The Lord of the Flies

I'm currently filling out an questionnaire that asks for my dream project. The Folio Society has stolen my dream project!....Ok, maybe that's a bit disingenuous since I wouldn't have thought of it until I heard about it from the artist first. And since I wouldn't have an outlet to do such a project, I'm guess I'll be glad they are:

Sam Weber is working on six paintings for one of my all-time favorite books The Lord of the Flies. I seriously cannot imagine anyone with the cool dark soulfulness that could handle this better than Sam. Due out in December.

(No pressure here, Sam. None at all.)

6 comments:

Robert Hunt said...

Wow, this is really great.

E.C. Myers said...

That's one of my favorite books, too! Who is publishing the new edition? I'm definitely going to have to pick it up!

Mark Winters said...

I love this stuff sooo much. Can't wait for the rest!

Eric Braddock said...

This piece is equally dark as it is beautiful. I love it.

Bill Koeb said...

Man, kudos to Sam, that would be my dream project to illustrate.

David Hayden said...

I'm the Publisher at the Folio Society.

Sam did pull it off.

The illustrations have a brilliant depth and range, and convincingly inhabit the world of the novel. We liked them so much we put one on the front cover of our prospectus.