Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Joshua Middleton Interview. (And somehow I sarted to rant about website design...again.)

OMG, I have such an art crush on Joshua Middleton! So, there is now an interview with himon Tor.com and he has been added to the Tor.com Galleries.

Joshua Middleton Tor.com Interview:

Do you have a set image in your mind when you first start sketching or do you start out abstractly and let the process of doodling take over?
If it is a commercial assignment, then I probably have some elements I must include in the composition, so my sketching process usually starts with those general puzzle pieces in mind. I don't always have the luxury of time to doodle, so I have to work out a lot of drawing in my head before the pencil days, which is often the case with comic book work. If the work is purely personal...
For the full text, click on the above link.

And may I add....

I spent hours at his website last night. Mostly, of course, because I love the work..but also because the site is designed such that you can spend hours there without wanting to hang yourself. Clean easy navigation. All the images load up quickly and fully, all at once -- no need to click round meaningless details and then forgetting which closeup of an eyeball was that cool crowd scene you saw ten images ago. No messy watermarks. No time wasting pop-ups. And, best of all, fully sharable -- every image has it's own URL and is copyable. Ironically, because it was quick and easy to get around, I ended up spending much more time there than I would have on a site where I had to click through to see each image.


But all of this is besides the point, what really matters is that he an awesome drawer that creates dreamy images with an economy of style that makes me wish I could step into his world.

8 comments:

Eric Braddock said...

wow. awesome work indeed. great style, loving it. :)

ces said...

Awesome, yes.

and such a pleasure to visit.

Lana Gramlich said...

I know it's part of your business, but I have to say that I appreciate the way you describe works. Your words really do speak to the spirit of the pieces you're talking about. Your eloquence is appreciated!

David Cousens said...

Very nice interview Irene. Joshua Middleton's art is lovely, he was a great choice!

RAWLS said...

Josh is the man. Really nice interview Irene!

Anonymous said...

Nice interview - Josh's work, especially linework is always top-notch. You get the impression he takes his time on each piece rather than submitting to external forces to crank stuff out (I'm looking at you Marvel).
Keep it up!
Cheers

Anonymous said...

I like a game which you need use flyff penya to play. If you want to be online to play this game, I can borrow flyff moneyto you. When you have flyff gold, and than you can go on this game. Of cause, when you are first to play, you can buy flyff penya. If you have enough cheap penya, you will be able to different games.

Anonymous said...

Girls get ready to make style statement with a pair of this Ugg Boots Rockstars. cheap ugg boots has brought for you this pair of studded boots to revamp your looks and appear stylish.
" polo shirts should look crisp and neat, and not baggy," comments Haarbauer. "A bright color will work well in the office and can easily transition to the golf course." A ralph lauren polo shirts can be one of the best investment pieces in a guy's wardrobe since they are so versatile;