Wednesday, September 17, 2008

CGunit.net

Shelly Wan turned me on to this amazing art site, CGUnit.net. A mix of traditional and CG art with more than a dash of photography, rolled up into fashion, fine art, and illustration, all with a scifi/fanatsy kink.

I'm so not cool enough to be hanging out there, but I'll visit daily nonetheless. (In cyberspace, no one can see your Birkenstocks.)

The site is semi NSFW. It's almost difficult to find works that are not half naked, gothy, future/fantasy girls.

FIRST SET: Oleg Duryagin. Alex Kanevsky -- one of my favorite contemporary painters, earlier post here. Chen Man.
SECOND SET: Amy Sol. Chris Bernes. Phil Noto
THIRD SET: Jeff Simpson. Kazu Kibuishi. Jason Chan. Sam Weber.

11 comments:

mordicai said...

Oh hello HELLO!

ces said...

hmmm, not sure about this site

Cgunit said...

Thanks for the link. ;)

capprotti said...

Goooood find by shelly! And thank YOU for passing it on. Definitely a cool little blog.

Eric Braddock said...

Some awesome work posted up there, and you seemed to have gotten a handful of some great ones yourself.

Nice find indeed!

Tom Scholes said...

Woohoo, thanks Irene - thanks Shelly!

Mark Molnar said...

wow! cheers for the link!

Boris and Julie said...

That's so funny about the Birkenstocks!

Julie

Lana Gramlich said...

I have birkies, too...They're soooooo comfy!
I have to admit I'm biased toward more "traditional" art than digital, even though there's some absolutely amazing digital stuff out there. I'll have to try to give it more of a chance. Some of the images you've posted here are just lovely!

Carl V. Anderson said...

Oh my!!! Thanks for the link. I can see where my time is going to be going this weekend!!!

David Cousens said...

Great link, thanks for passing it on Irene :)