Monday, December 03, 2007

Ross MacDonald

It’s been a good few days for unusual commissions.

I saw a lecture by letterpress artist Ross MacDonald a bunch of years ago. (God, I think it was 2003.) Here was another situation where I loved his work but thought I’d never have the right project come along for it. Happily, the new Brain Francis Slattery book seems to be a perfect fit.

Brian’s book will be out next fall and I can’t wait. Those reading this blog for a while know that I was absolutely nuts about his first novel, Spaceman Blues. I’m excited to see what Ross comes up with for the new book.


If you are checking out Ross’ website, be sure to click on the movie prop work he has done. Lots of fun.

1 comment:

Carl V. Anderson said...

Letterpress art is terrific, isn't it? I'm so thankful when I see artists continuing to use old methods/styles rather than letting them die out. This is some great stuff, can't wait to see that cover.