Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Spectrum 15 Call for Entries

Spectrum is showing off their 15th annual Call for Entries. Artwork by Marc Gabbana. Posters will be mailed out in October.

On a more personal note, the Fenners and I have started very (and I mean very) preliminary talks about the second Spectrum Exhibition to be held at the Museum of American Illustration at the Society of Illustrators in September 2009. This exhibit will be a selection of 150-200 original artworks chosen from Spectrums 12 through 15. Preliminary
talks basically consist of me saying, "It'll be easier this time, I swear!" over and over and over again. Unfortunately I haven't convinced anyone yet...least of all myself. And yet, somehow it seems exciting all over again.



5 comments:

Tony Shasteen said...

That is an amazing, yet kinda creepy piece.

Good luck with the exhibit. It's a daunting task I'm sure, but it's very appreciated by all! I guess at the very least, this time around you know what to expect.

-Tony

Todd Harris said...

great blog you have here. this is a nice piece.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's quite beautiful!

Jimmy Simpson said...

Hopefully, I can make it to this exhibit. I would have loved to make it to the last one.

Carl V. Anderson said...

Amazing image!

At least with the show being 2 years away I can maybe plan ahead and get there!!!